25 May 2008

Oh yeah, that's why

Ok, perhaps I am more sure than unsure as to why it's time to chronicle my thoughts publicly. I had a night and day to realize

1. I am more introverted than extroverted. I enjoy whole days spent in a computer lab, farthest seat from the door, next to colossal window panes, notes, apple cores, and granola bar wrappers delineating my work space.

2. I communicate more eloquently (at least I fink so) with the written word. I enjoy writing rather than voicing me'thoughts in a tight corner (when aren’t corners tight?). Impromptu was never my strong suit; I always looked better in informative or persuasive speaking garb.

3. I need to write. I need to illustrate something with word art now that I’m home, finished with sophomore year. I haven't journaled since probably 5th grade. A decade later, I use keys to pen down my thoughts, and click "sign out" to lock my diary. No splotchy eraser stains, either! Genius.

4. I can. (not in the sense I can write, you can't; I'm a great writer, you're not. Rather, I have the opportunity right now, and I'm taking advantage of it) I have always looked forward to releasing my daily musings, but until now, never had the motivation at the end of the day to do it. Maybe it has to do with feeling a bit lost at home. I don't connect with my dad. In less than a week, my best friend here is interning a state away. I consider my mom my other best friend and highlight this in her birthday cards, but we rarely do anything together. The dearest people I know, grandma and grandpa, are getting older. I'm growing out of Erie. I'm afraid to leave it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment